Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Silk Scarves

Ever since finding some in my mother's wardrobe I've been obsessed with them.
It started off as using them as silk skirts (will try and find a photo) but after my 2006 trip to Shanghai and picking up the perfect 90cm x 90cm black and white silk scarf, I've been using these as proper scarves ever since.


[Photo Credit: Vogue China January 09]

Made famous by many high fashion design houses, but made infamous by Hermes, there are just so many ways to tie them! They're completely versatile, and don't say they don't suit you, they really do suit everyone. You just have to find the perfect colour/shades to suit you.

If anyone is STUCK for ideas of how to wear it PLEASE leave a msg and I'll show you some styles :-) On another note I will show you what Hermes suggests

Playtime With Your Scarf
PART 1 and PART 2 ---- NOTE THESE ARE PDF FILES STRAIGHT FROM THE HERMES WEBSITE.

Here is my collection
- they vary from 70cm by 70cm and 90cm by 90cm :)





Not playing favourites or anything... but this is my ultimate!

[I initially bought this in Shanghai three years ago, somewhere along the way I lost it last year and I searched HIGH and LOW in China in my recent trip to find it again. I did, albeit in a worse material]

If you want to get your hands on one, you can shop at Hermes too. Otherwise try your local op shop, raid your mummy's wardrobe.Melburnian? Try Chapel St Bazaar - 217 Chapel Street, Prahran This place has HEAPS for around $2-20 dollars. (Lots for around $4)
PS. Don't forget the Hermes Australian Online Store is up and running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment